PUBLISHERS FOR MEDICAL AND DENTAL COLLEGES, SOCIETIES AND ASSOCIATIONS IN AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
Mi-tec Medical Publishing produces high-quality and extensively peer-reviewed patient education publications for 21 colleges, societies and associations in Australia and New Zealand. The objective of the publications is to reduce the medico-legal risk of “failure to inform” by assisting the informed-consent process and helping to establish a process of communication between doctors and their patients. The surgical, medical, dental and research organisations include the following:
SURGICAL & MEDICAL
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
General Surgeons Australia (Australian Society of Specialist General Surgeons)
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists
Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
New Zealand Association of Plastic Surgery
Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
Australasian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons
Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrology
Australian and New Zealand Association of Neurologists
Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand
Colorectal Surgical Society of Australasia
Australian and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgical Society
Murdoch Children's Research Institute
Australian and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery
Australian Dental Association
Australian and New Zealand Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Australian Society of Dental Anaesthesiology
Australian Society of Orthodontists
More than 200 titles have been published, most of which describe surgical or dental procedures that require plain-English explanations of the benefits, risks and limitations of the surgery. The text and full-colour anatomical illustrations are comprehensively reviewed by surgical, medical and dental experts from our associated organisations. More recently, normal-anatomy leaflets have been published that provide further opportunities for surgeons to explain diagnoses, surgical procedures, surgical anatomy and prognoses to their patients.
COMPLETE PUBLISHING INFRASTRUCTURE
- Writing of all drafts, which are prepared by our team of doctors, nurses and scientists
- Liaising with surgical, medical and dental experts (chosen by each college, society or association) who review the manuscripts, medical illustrations and page proofs
- Design and layout
- Editorial and financial project management
- Marketing and advertising, and preparing mailouts of finished publications to Members of the organisations
- Taking of doctors’ orders and all fulfilment of orders, with orders filled and freighted at least twice weekly or urgently if required
- Invoicing and reconciling of accounts
- Maintenance of stock and inventory
- Calculation of fees payable to Mi-tec's client colleges, societies and associations
- Liaising with the college, society or association on edition changes, as required.
- All intellectual property and copyrights are retained and owned by Mi-tec.
OBJECTIVES OF MI-TEC MEDICAL PUBLISHING
Mi-tec was founded in 1991 by Dr Calvin Miller and Ms Susan Fetherston to produce medical communications for the surgical, medical, dental and pharmaceutical professions.
Over the years, Mi-tec writers and staff have written, edited, researched and designed a wide variety of publications including peer-reviewed medical journals, hospital and research institution reports, pharmaceutical information, patient newsletters, healthcare magazines and patient education pamphlets. Informative, high-quality publications are valued and important for creating positive and lasting impressions. When your college, association, society or company requires the highest standards of medical writing and publishing, Mi-tec Medical Publishing will work with you to meet your communications and publishing needs.